The new Robustel GoRugged M1000 USB Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) from China-based Robustel Technologies is now being used in China’s public transportation network. The TVM produces and sells tickets automatically for passengers on trains, buses and subway systems.
The company’s TVMs integrate industrial PCs with a USB host interface running Embedded Windows or Linux OS. They can connect to M1000 USB industrial 2G/3G/4G USB modem to access an internet connection anywhere where there is mobile network coverage.
Robustel’s TVMs require internet connection to transmit transaction data periodically and automatically when polled by a central office, and also transmit alarms to the office in real time. The systems are being used to save time and labour costs, but data on the scale of these savings has not yet been published.
TVMs at a glance
The Robustel GoRugged M1000 USB is a rugged industrial cellular modem with USB interface featuring:
* 2G (GPRS / EDGE) / 3G (HSPA / EV-DO) / 4G (LTE) connectivity for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications
* External antenna for improved RSSI
* GPS receiver option for specified model (or Optional GPS receiver for specified model)
* Control via AT commands
* Wide range of input voltages from 9 to 36 VDC
* Wide range operating temperature: ‐25 to +70 °C
* Compliant with IEC61000-4 series high level standard to meet harsh environment demands
* A metal enclosure that can be mounted on a DIN-rail or on the wall, or with an extra ground screw, and
* Comprehensive software development kit (SDK) and enabling drivers for Linux and Windows.
Robustel claims a high degree of stability and reliability compared to most commercial grade 2G/3G/4G dongles and that it is more cost-effective than industrial 2G/3G/4G routers.
Robustel Technologies (or Guangzhou Robustel Technologies Co., Ltd, to give the company its full name) is focused on industrial-grade wireless machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and telecom grade mobile broadband/access development. It aims to design and deliver innovative products and solutions for the M2M market, and to become a leading provider for wireless device networking worldwide. Visit website