M2M Innovation World Congress
Event date: September 24–26, 2013
Nice, French Riviera
A fresh look at M2M opportunities. Fully dedicated to the M2M applications that are changing business and daily life, M2M Innovation World Congress has gathered great support from the M2M stakeholders.
The Congress is now all set to welcome 300 Industry players and their customers all willing to discover and discuss the most innovative M2M services. High potential segments will be highlighted, such as Smart Grids, Retail and Consumer Electronics.
Held within World Smart Week, the Congress’ first distinctive features have just been unveiled: first keynotes, visit of a pioneer solar-energy smart grid, etc. Discover them online at the new website:
Nice, French Riviera, March 21, 2013 – The new event dedicated to the most innovative M2M applications has been successfully launched! Held in the framework of World Smart Week on next September 24-26, M2M Innovation World Congress will tackle the machine-to-machine hottest topics from the end-customer point of view. Over 40 speakers currently selected by its Program Committee (details below) will review use cases, decrypt value chain, unveil innovations and discuss new business opportunities along high potential segments such as Smart Grids, Retail and Consumer Electronics.
Targeting the “Internet of Things” market
Focusing on applications rather than technologies, the conference will address indeed a fabulous market. Today over 100 million sensors, vending machines, smart meters and many other connected devices are communicating automatically. By 2020, this figure is estimated to reach 50 billion! On the way to this real “Internet of things”, M2M implementations in public and private sectors already shows clear benefits such as reduced operational expenses, improved service quality, competitive edge, better informed decision-making, new sources of revenues, etc. These innovative M2M services will be assessed and discussed during 2.5 days at the conference. More details online: conference overview
First highlights unveiled
Some of the distinctive features of the conference program are now defined:
– the Plenary Opening will tackle the challenge of Streamlining the M2M Value-Chain. Built in partnership with M2M Now, this half-day session on Sept. 24 will feature insightful keynotes and a panel discussion led by Jeremy Cowan, Editorial Director.
– Two Keynotes are already confirmed: Jürgen Hase, Vice President M2M Competence Center, Deutsche Telekom; Scott W. Kurth, Director, Accenture Technology Visio. Execs from Wyless and Wind River are to be announced shortly.
– Exclusive to the Congress, the first “Live Experience” session -a series of hands-on, workshops, private visits…- is now confirmed: the NICE GRID Tour will allow the participants to discover on-site a pioneer solar-energy smart grid unique in the world by its scale and ambition. Details on Nice Grid online at www.m2minnovationworldcongress.com/nice-grid
A global support
For the last three months, the Congress positioning and ambitions have received great support from the M2M community:
– The conference Program Committee has attracted leading names from the industry, media and key associations. Chaired by Jürgen Hase, VP M2M Competence Center at Deutsche Telekom, the Program Committee includes M2M leaders from: Accenture • Atos Worldline • Cinterion • Cisco • Cumulocity • Deutsche Telekom • Ericsson • ESMIG • ETSI • Eurosmart • EverythingEverywhere • Gemalto • Home Gateway Initiative • Huawei • M2M Now • Nokia Siemens Networks • Oracle • Sierra Wireless • SIMalliance • Telecom Italia • Telit • Vodafone • Wyless.
Full details and bios at www.m2minnovationworldcongress.com/program-committee
– The Congress has received another clear recognition from M2M Industry: Deutsche Telekom and Wind River are confirmed as Platinum Sponsors of the event; Wyless as Silver Sponsor. Important institutional partners also support the Congress: Eurosmart, SIMalliance, M2M Alliance, ETSI.
Held in conjunction with three other smart devices-related conferences and a 50-booths exhibition in the framework of World Smart Week, the Congress expects to welcome 300 Industry players and their customers.
M2MIWC website: www.m2minnovationworldcongress.com
Twitter hashtag #M2MIWC
Contact: Lenick Perron – firstname.lastname@example.org – +33 (0)6 79 70 17 98