Rugged 4G LTE dual-SIM VPN M2M router launched by China's Robustel Technologies
Guangzhou, China. April 2, 2013 — Robustel Technologies has unveiled a new rugged 4G LTE cellular, dual-SIM, VPN router designed for use in harsh environments. The Robustel GoRugged R3000 aims to offer 2G/3G/4G mobile connectivity for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
Guangzhou Robustel Technologies Co. Ltd, to give the company its full name, focuses on the development of industrial-grade wireless M2M communications and telecom-grade mobile broadband / access products.
Among the applications for the new router are use in smart grids and utilities; ATMs, vending machines and other self-service terminals; intelligent traffic systems; and industrial automation. The router offers:
* Dual SIM capability
* Supports 4G FDD LTE, 3G UMTS/HSPA, and 2G GPRS/EDGE
* Antenna diversity for improved fringe performance (optional)
* 2 Ethernet ports: 2 LANs or 1 WAN/1LAN (supports wireless WAN and wired WAN back-up)
* 1 RS232, 1 RS485, 2 DI, 2 DO, 1 USB host
* 6 LED indicators provide status and signal strength (RSSI)
* 9 to 60 VDC power input and wide range operating temperatur (-25 to +65 °C)
* Metal housing, supports Din-Rail or wall mounting or desktop.
* Network protocols including PPP, PPPoE, TCP, UDP, DHCP, ICMP, NAT, DMZ, RIP, OSPF, DDNS, VRRP, HTTP, HTTPs
* VPN tunnel: IPSec/OpenVPN/PPTP/L2TP client/server, GRE
* Management via Web, CLI, SNMP
* Supports Modbus/RTU to Modbus/TCP gateway
* Auto reboot during a preset time of day
* Firmware upgrade via web interface
* EMC: EN 61000-4-2 (ESD) Level 3, EN 61000-4-3 (RS) Level 4, EN 61000-4-4 (EFT) Level 4, EN 61000-4-5 (Surge) Level 4, EN 61000-4-6 (CS) Level 4, EN 61000-4-8, and EN 61000-4-12.
Robustel’s technology covers all aspects of electronic product development, including hardware design, industrial design, development of embedded Linux, development of communication protocol stack, as well as development of databases and graphic user interface s (GUIs). The company has experience in developing software and hardware, from a simple MCU to a complicated 32bit embedded chip.
As a company that develops software and hardware, all Robustel’s software and hardware are developed by itself to guarantee its intellectual property rights. Robustel’s own patented technology and self-developed source code are also important products of the company.
Consequently, Robustel provides customisation services for all its products including software and hardware, from basic GUI modification to the redesign in line with changing customer requirements.