CTIA 2013, Las Vegas, NV, USA. May 21, 2013 — At CTIA 2013 M2M enabler, RACO Wireless has released M2M for Dummies, a free book to help M2M solution providers and businesses whose primary challenge is complexity. RACO’s goal is to make machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the Internet of Things (IoT) as simple as possible.
M2M for Dummies helps solution providers clearly understand what is needed to build an effective solution. It also helps developers gain a solid grasp of:
1) the hardware decisions that need to be made
2) the technical elements that should be considered
3) the data speeds
4) how to select a network operator, and
5) how to manage devices post-launch.
Here are 10 things you will want to know about M2M. Did you know …. ?
- M2M connectivity options are quite extensive. They include cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, network cables, and more.
- M2M is a green technology, because many solutions reduce energy consumption significantly.
- M2M is fast becoming a ‘must-have’ technology for many businesses that want to remain competitive.
- M2M can be applied to many new types of products and will drive many of the future most wanted applications in the consumer space.
- M2M solutions and applications are already used in technology without most users even realising it.
- M2M applications are growing rapidly and are becoming a large driver of business efficiencies. They help create stronger companies, new jobs, and a higher standard of living globally.
- ‘Onboarding’ a new solution or product in less than 24 hours is absolutely possible.
- The availability of alternative SIM form factors makes a difference for specific verticals, because they meet a variety of environmental and engineering requirements.
- More expensive high speed networks aren’t always necessary for M2M — 95% of all M2M systems require just 2G speeds even though they also work on 3G and 4G networks.
- M2M is projected to be the fastest growing industry segment of the IT sector for years to come.
The book is available at no cost. Go to: