Irvine, California, USA – Lantronix Inc., a global provider of smart networking and communications solutions for M2M applications, has announced the launch of the XPort® Pro™ Lx6 embedded device server, an IPv6 solution within its award-winning XPort Pro module family for wired Internet of Things deployments.
The new Lx6 version is a powerful, embedded Ethernet networking engine that enables customers to deploy advanced M2M applications in an integrated, thumb-sized package.
“The new XPort Pro Lx6 embodies the Lantronix value proposition – robust and secure networking solutions that are easy to deploy, use, and manage,” said Vishal Kakkad, Director of Product Marketing for Lantronix. “With tens of thousands of customers worldwide, the XPort family has an established record of performance and reliability. This addition to the XPort family continues this tradition and enables new and existing customers to quickly participate in the ongoing market transition from IPv4 to next generation IPv6 networks.”
With the XPort Pro Lx6, Lantronix brings its M2M/IoT connectivity expertise and extends it for the next generation IP network deployments. Its pin and form factor is compatible with other members of the award winning Lantronix XPort family. Key features and benefits include:
- Easy to deploy and use: Simple device setup, configuration and monitoring without any software development.
- Innovative Form Factor: Addition to the family of the category defining and award winning XPort form factor.
- Robust: Device Server Application Suite hardened by Lantronix over the last decade.
- Feature Rich: Multiple session connectivity modes, remote firmware upgrades and configuration with enterprise class management interfaces.
- Secure: FIPS 197 compliant 256-bit AES encryption.
- Industrial-Ready: Operating environment at extended temperatures: -40 to +85 C.
- Standards-based: Conforms to the latest IP networking standards ensuring interoperability and eliminating vendor lock-in.
- IPv6 Ready Certified: Ensures conformance to the core protocols increasing user confidence in the availability of IPv6.
- Guaranteed: 2-year limited warranty.
The XPort Pro family is one of Lantronix’ most powerful, self-contained embedded networking module solutions. Footprint compatible with the popular XPort® and running either Linux or Evolution OS® operating systems, the XPort Pro reduces the complexity of designing network connectivity into a product and allows customers to deploy advanced applications on the edge device itself. The thumb-sized XPort Pro provides everything needed in a single embedded solution. It effortlessly handles demanding applications with the power of a high-speed, advanced 32-bit processor. With ample built-in memory, it allows virtually unlimited flexibility for customisation and applications enablement.