Aeris announces availability of global M2M service platform for mobile network operators
Santa Clara, California, USA, February 5, 2014 – Aeris Communications, the Made for Machines™ technology and service provider, today announced the availability of Aeris GSP™, a global M2M service platform for mobile network operators.
Aeris GSP packages Aeris’ proven M2M service technologies designed to enable flexible and profitable M2M services to the growing Internet of Things marketplace. Aeris GSP allows mobile operators to significantly lower current M2M service delivery costs, adapt to unique M2M business models and offer advanced data services to increase M2M revenue per connection.
Aeris GSP leverages Aeris’ next generation carrier-grade M2M service platform that currently manages millions of devices and processes more than 200 million M2M messages per day. Aeris’ technology has led to broad-based traction across M2M market segments, including eHealth, Fleet Management, Telematics, Connected Auto, Utilities, Monitoring and Control, and Point of Sale. Aeris GSP delivers the cost structure, flexibility and advanced services that enable operators to capture high-value M2M customers, and to service the whole M2M opportunity.
“Our collaboration with Aeris is very valuable to Sprint. Their innovative technology and services are key components of Sprint’s Command Center M2M platform,” said Mohamad Nasser, Director, M2M Product, Platforms and Marketing at Sprint. “The Aeris professionals are quick to resolve any issues, and their market-leading platform ensures that Command Center remains at the forefront of M2M services capabilities.”
Historically, mobile operators had to build an M2M services overlay in-house, turn to an external software provider, or use a hybrid approach to serve the M2M market. These efforts were often stifled by mobile infrastructure and processes optimised for consumer handset subscriptions, not machines. Given this considerable constraint and the expected growth in M2M demands, operators face an “opportunity gap.” This gap is defined by the set of M2M opportunities that are served sub-optimally or cannot be served at all due to high cost thresholds, low revenue per connection, or platform inflexibilities.
“The forces shaping the M2M market demand a new approach; first generation M2M service delivery approaches are not going to make the cut,” said Marc Jones, CEO of Aeris Communications. “Aeris GSP is a proven and hardened platform, borne from more than a decade of M2M experience and will take this industry to a new level of growth and profitability.”
Through decades of building a profitable business delivering and managing M2M services, compelled to improve service delivery costs and efficiency and develop new revenue streams, Aeris has evolved the M2M services platform. The Aeris GSP Platform-as-a-Service can be deployed via multiple modular service packages, enabling the operator to be up and running with the starting configuration in as little as 30 days. Aeris GSP benefits include:
- Eliminating high service delivery costs: Aeris GSP’s machine-optimised service core, AerCore™, allows operators to bypass typical costs of purpose-built network elements while enabling market-leading scalability, reliability and service performance.
- Growing revenue per connection: tapping into big data, analytics, and data sharing opportunities, the Aeris cloud-based data management service, AerCloud™, allows operators to grow revenue beyond connected services alone.
- Flexible M2M rate plans: rate plan structures are entrenched in MNO business systems and processes. Aeris AerB/OSS™ affords operators the freedom of virtually limitless charging models and rate plans without expensive customisation and IT modification to existing systems.
- Tight integration with Aeris GSP service core allows fast development of new charging events.
- M2M-grade support and operations: Aeris AerSight™ connects skilled operations personnel with the most comprehensive real-time and historical network transaction detail in the industry, improving operational efficiency and lowering OPEX, while meeting the demands of mission critical M2M solution support.
“With a singular M2M focus and a successful track record of servicing millions of devices, Aeris has the patents, technology and expertise to bridge the M2M opportunity gap and drive the Internet of Things,” added Marc Jones.