Lantronix, Inc. has announced the launch of its new SLC™ 8000 – the industry’s modular console manager. Designed to reduce deployment and management costs and time by providing secure, centralised out-of-band management to most IT equipment, the new SLC 8000 can be expanded from eight to 48 ports. In a typical deployment, each port would manage one piece of IT equipment such as a switch, router or server. This modular design makes the SLC 8000 the first of its kind, allowing users to simply add or swap modules to expand device port density and power supply, or introduce new interfaces such as USB.
“IT equipment downtime can significantly impact revenue, customer satisfaction and brand loyalty,” said Ed Floyd, vendor alliance manager for EnNet – a supplier of IT solutions and services to public sector entities. “The resources to support a large data center or test lab alone can be staggering. When you factor in a small and overworked IT staff, along with the costs and operational details to deploy experts on site to service equipment, the expenses associated with a network truck roll can quickly add up. The new Lantronix SLC 8000 was clearly designed with the customer’s use case and bottom line in mind – delivering a combination of modularity, high-level security and affordability that we believe will provide a strong return on investment and allow users to keep the focus on their business.”
“With the explosive growth of social networking, cloud computing and the Internet of Things, ensuring uptime and optimisation of IT equipment is now more critical than ever to data centers and enterprises of all sizes, locations and markets,” said Kurt Busch, president and CEO of Lantronix. “Designed specifically to meet the needs of Fortune 500 IT professionals, the new groundbreaking SLC 8000 fills an unmet need in the market. We believe the SLC 8000 positions Lantronix at the forefront of the IT infrastructure management market and is a major milestone in our product roadmap as we continue to execute on our global strategy for expansion of our enterprise solutions into all geographic regions.”
The Lantronix SLC 8000 – Advanced Modular Console Manager
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced modular console manager provides in-band and out-of-band management that allows IT personnel of any size enterprise to centrally manage, monitor and troubleshoot IT equipment locally or from anywhere over the Internet. An optional dial-up modem or cellular gateway is also available to provide connectivity if the network is down. This reduces downtime and increases response efficiency so that IT incidents are resolved quickly and with minimal or zero network disruption. The modular design of the SLC 8000 console manager is easily scalable, allowing users to reduce their total cost of ownership by simply adding or replacing modules as needed. It includes robust security features such as SSL and SSH for data encryption in addition to remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place.
Additional SLC 8000 features:
- Increases testing productivity as a DUT (“device under test”) aggregator for automated tests and diagnostic data collection.
- Reduces operating costs and security risks by eliminating the need for truck rolls or on-site interventions.
- Simplifies service deployments and balances CAPEX and OPEX with a modular design, enabling quick expansion and customisation.
- Enables “mix-and-match” with USB and RJ45 I/O modules.
- Minimises cable clutter with software-reversible device port pins.
- Directly manages Server Technology’s PDU solution.
- Protects management interfaces with SSH and SSL for encryption and supports secure authentication protocols including RADIUS, LDAP, TACACS+, Kerberos and Active Directory.
- Provides enhanced security with FIPS 140-2 compliant mode.
- Integrates seamlessly with the Lantronix vSLM™ central management software.