New scorecard report on IoT and M2M digital experience shows importance of understanding your customer
Compass Intelligence has announced the release of its latest series of reports on the Customer & Digital Experience in IoT & M2M. Compass Intelligence reviewed the business websites of 8+ carriers and MNVO companies that provide IoT and M2M based solutions, evaluated the online capabilities and offerings available, and then scored the companies on the following categories:
- Product Offering Experiences: These scores look at how companies offer IoT and M2m based solutions to customers in terms of navigation, intuitiveness, support, tools & resources and usefulness. These scores do not evaluate or compare the products or services offered in any way.
- Navigation – consistency, ease of use, number of clicks, intuitive process, back tracking process, menus and navigational links.
- Product Pages – M2M and IoT apps, connectivity, devices, solutions, partner solutions, relatable to industry, use cases.
- Marketing Message – clear, consistent, engaging, impacting, intuitive and thematic.
- Engagement Mechanisms: These scores look at these “experience” features offered within or linked to vendors online IoT and M2M focused portals.
- Learning – case studies, testimonials, how-to guides or videos, media and editorial content, self-serve knowledgebase, resource center, or other self-learn content.
- Help & Support – support center, live chat, how-to guides and videos, FAQ, Q&A, support links, tutorials, or other value-added resources.
- Social Currency – community forum, blog, Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, YouTube channel, Google + and other social platforms.
- Client Interface – online management and visibility around connected devices, connectivity, security, application management.
“Providing an impacting and relevant digital experience for the M2M and IoT business market is a challenge, one which vendors are taking head on,” states Heather Taylor, Sr. analyst, Customer & Digital Experience at Compass Intelligence. “Our analysis shows that the web and client portals are more elegant than ever, while providing robust features and tools.
The report covers the 4 Tier-1 mobile network operators: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless and the top mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs): Aeris Communications, KORE, Numerex and Wyless. The report scores each company across 7 different categories: website navigation, product pages, marketing messaging, knowledge center/learning, help & support, social currency and client interface. This report is authored by Heather Taylor, Sr. analyst, Customer & Digital Experience, as part of our Customer & Digital Experience and M2M, IoT & Connected Devices research tracks.
“Some of the vendors profiled in Compass Intelligence’s recent study have created an experience that provides a good balance between delivering multiple capabilities and still maintaining a simple and seamless experience, thus resulting in better conversion rates over time,” continues Taylor.