TP-LINK® has announced its new SR20 Smart Home Router with Touchscreen, an all-in-one router and Internet of Things (IoT) hub with ZigBee and Z-Wave. The SR20 delivers powerful AC1900 class performance that will transform the connected home experience.
The SR20 Smart Home Router provides centralised control for your entire smart home. In addition to compatibility with devices from other manufactures, TP-LINK is also introducing a full line of home automation devices for security, lighting and energy management that will work with SR20. This includes HD day/night security cameras, tunable Wi-Fi lightbulbs, smart plugs and a smart switch with energy monitoring. TP-LINK is showcasing its new smart home portfolio, with new devices, connectivity products and accessories at CES in booth 31163, Tech East, LVCC, South Halls 3-4, Upper Level.
“Stable, reliable connectivity is the foundation of the smart home and TP-LINK’s expansion into this sector is a natural progression that allows us to deliver innovative products,” said Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-LINK USA. “TP-LINK SR20 Smart Home Routers combine our best-in-class connectivity solution with today’s popular IoT technologies to power the consumer’s connected lifestyle. With TP-LINK’s comprehensive Smart Home products, consumers can enjoy reliable connectivity in the home, manage their favorite devices and stay connected to their homes when they are away.”
Home is where the hub is
The TP-LINK SR20 Smart Home Router with Touchscreen is the central intelligence hub for devices throughout the home, enabling consumers to control their devices and automate functions tailored to their preferences. With the SR20, consumers can use their smartphone, tablet or the router’s user-friendly touchscreen to monitor and customise interactions between their devices, including cameras, light bulbs, sensors, thermostats and other smart home products.
Your home, your experience
The TP-LINK SR20 Smart Home Router with Touchscreen enables several scenarios in the smart home – without sacrificing connectivity performance – such as having the lights turn on when homeowners walk through the door or automatically setting the thermostat to a desired temperature. Compatibility with ZigBee, Z-Wave and Wi-Fi allows functionality across a wide range of smart devices from different manufacturers. Additionally, the TP-LINK SR20 Smart Home Router with Touchscreen can send push notifications to consumers via the Kasa mobile app, so they are always in tune with the safety and functionality of their home, by notifying homeowners when the lights are left on or sending instant alerts if smoke or water leaks are detected.
Equipped with impressive AC1900 speeds, users can also enjoy bandwidth-intensive tasks such as 4K HD video streaming, large file downloads and online gaming without lag. Consumers can also seamlessly share files and media with the dedicated USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports. The TP-LINK SR20 Smart Home Router allows users to experience seamless Wi-Fi by utilising the latest in beamforming technology to further improve its overall coverage range and stability, creating stronger, more reliable connections. This router is also backwards-compatible, allowing it to work with older wireless protocols such as 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- Connect your ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Wi-Fi smart home devices and have them work together to enhance your quality of life
- Use your tablet and smartphone to control smart home devices, set triggers, schedule tasks, and check in on your home while away using the Kasa app
- AC1900 class Wi-Fi performance on 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) and 2.4GHz (up to 600Mbps) bands*
- High-speed Wi-Fi during heavy traffic usage with a 1GHz dual-core processor
- Four Gigabit Ethernet Ports for lightning-fast wired connections
- Intuitive and responsive 4.3” touchscreen display with easy access to frequently used features
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports to easily share files, photos, music, and video across your network
- Parental controls to keep their children safe with device limitations and time constraints
- Guest network function to provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from the main network
- Built-in SD storage slot for local storage allows consumers to save video recordings or other data
- Beamforming for targeted, more reliable wireless connections
- Advanced security encryption to protect data
- Supports 802.11ac and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @IoTNow_ OR @jcIoTnow