Exosite, LLC, an Internet of Things (IoT) platform provider, has launched Murano, a cloud-based IoT software platform to enable end-to-end ecosystem that helps customers develop and deliver connected products.
Its providers claim ‘seamless device connectivity, inherent security and third-party integration’ for it, as Murano helps organisations create sophisticated connected solutions faster to improve time-to-market.
Exosite reportedly works closely with leading industrial, commercial and consumer brands to develop and bring both legacy and new connected devices to market and, as a result, claims a deep understanding of the business and technical challenges these organisations face when making this transition.
This knowledge has been incorporated into Murano to provide the infrastructure, tools, services and user interfaces that enable organisations to quickly create end-to-end IoT solutions that reduce risk and support a long-term IoT strategy.
According to Christian Renaud, research director, 451 Research, “One of the biggest barriers to IoT adoption is the perceived risks tied to making business process changes. Exosite combines extensive customer deployment experience with its innovative and unique customer engagement model to partner with customers through their digital transformation journey.”
Developed with an open platform philosophy, Murano offers open APIs, connects with other public cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, and offers advanced device connectivity that includes provisioning, security and management functionality. Additionally, Murano provides pre-integration with OEMs through its partner program, Exosite IoT Alliance. And, with Murano, customers always retain complete control and ownership of their users, data, IP and code.
This open ecosystem is purpose-built to dramatically accelerate time-to-market for connected solutions, reduce implementation costs, leverage reusable system components to support standardisation and organisational alignment and enhance quality from design to production.
Murano’s key features include:
- Device Connectivity & Security – Murano enables organisations to quickly and securely connect devices to the cloud and route data to IoT solutions. Murano’s integrated tools easily manage large fleets of devices, including features like device configuration, firmware updates, and security keys. Murano lets customers focus on adding high-value functionality to their products without having to learn, develop and maintain the infrastructure for a scalable system.
- Custom APIs– Murano allows organisations to define custom web-service APIs that give developers the flexibility to decide exactly what context, application logic and device/user access make sense for their solution. The APIs take on the majority of the complex functionality, so customers can be more creative and efficient with popular, standardised application frameworks.
- Application Hosting & Framework– Murano provides static application file hosting that, when combined with custom APIs, enables a full application to be hosted with Exosite. As a result, customers can develop a complete IoT system, all in one place, that is backed by Exosite’s technical support team and 24/7 monitoring.
- Roles & Permissions Management –User roles and access permissions play a critical role in IoT security and can be one of the most complicated parts of a connected solution. Murano’s integrated user service provides a powerful, off-the-shelf permissions scheme that includes authentication, management and role definition that can be built into application permissions, reducing complexity and ensuring security.
- Third-party Integration – Integrating device data securely into the business tools, systems and third-party platforms that customers already have in place is key to unlocking the value of IoT. Murano offers a variety of off-the-shelf, third-party integrations such as Salesforce, Twilio, and other CRM software, business reporting tools, cloud-based dispatch and data services, analytics and more.
“Murano provides a fully integrated, enterprise software platform that companies can rely on to transform their legacy products into 21st-century connected devices to revitalise customer engagement, deliver new revenue streams for their business and improve their competitive position in the emerging digital ecosystem,” said Paul Anderson, vice president of software products, Exosite. “Murano incorporates the pragmatic focus, technical expertise and business acumen Exosite has developed from years of working in the IoT industry to provide customers with the most open, full-featured and transformational IoT platform available on the market today.”
On June 21 at 10.00 a.m. CST, Exosite will participate in a webinar featuring Anderson and Renaud of 451 Research. The speakers will share IoT business transformation best practices to help organisations reduce time-to-market, accelerate time to revenue, reduce implementation costs, mitigate risks and enhance the quality of their connected products. Register for this webinar here.
Free evaluation trials are available, and Murano is now generally available for purchase on a monthly subscription basis. Go to: https://exosite.com/platform
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @IoTNow_ OR @jcIoTnow