At IoT Solutions World Congress, Think Silicon announced the NEMA |GFX API (Application Programming Interface) designed to accelerate high quality Graphics User Interface (GUI) development for embedded and wearable devices.
The key differentiation from other API offerings is support for ultra-low power functions without the overhead of unnecessary programming instructions for IoT (Internet of Things) hardware.
A System-on-Chip (SoC) with Cortex-M or A microcontroller paired with the NEMA GPUs and NEMA Display Controller is the precise combination for the NEMA | GFX API that offers developers direct access to the full spectrum of capabilities to create appealing GUIs for ultra-low power devices. NEMA | GFX API plus NEMA GPUs are showcased in Hall 1, Booth #E635 at IoT Solutions World Congress.
“We’ve designed the NEMA | GFX API from scratch to significantly reduce application development by providing a minimal yet very powerful set of functions,” said Ulli Mueller, vice president, Marketing & Business Development of Think Silicon. “By including the frame buffer and software libraries all in the SoC on-chip memory, we eliminated any customer’s need for costly external memory. The dedicated support for a fast, low-power executable empowers developers with the essential building blocks for use with NEMA GPUs to create new classes of embedded and wearable hardware.”
The NEMA | GFX API provides the following features and benefits:
- Small memory footprint optimisation that eliminates the need for costly external memory.
- GUI image enhancements for perspective correct 3D projection, transparency/alpha blending, color keying, multi-function image processing.
- Performance and power-optimised code provides flexibility in development for programmers.
- Support for multiple color formats for both source and destination textures.
- Support for multiple operating systems and non-OS systems (including real-time operating systems) in resource constrained environments.
- Command List support decouples CPU and GPU execution and provides the ability to reuse a Command List multiple times resulting in lower CPU utilisation.
The NEMA | GFX API offers developers support for a variety of geometric primitives. The API also allows for affine and 3D transformations including 2D/3D rotation, scaling, shearing, and more. A complementary element, NEMA |GFX Utils, provides access to high-level operations such as events, image processing functions and memory allocation algorithms. The combination of these tools supports high quality GUI development.
For more information about NEMA | GFX API, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Horizon 2020 program, the European Commission has selected Think Silicon to participate in the SME Instrument initiative and supports Think Silicon participation at the IoT Solutions World Congress at the Gran Via Venue in Barcelona, Spain in Hall 1 , Booth # E635
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @IoTNow_ OR @jcIoTnow