Bomgar, a provider of secure access solutions, released the latest version of its Remote Support solution. Bomgar Remote Support enables IT service desks and customer support centres to access and fix nearly any remote device, running any platform, located anywhere in the world.
Technicians using Bomgar can quickly connect to, view, and control remote systems and devices, chat and collaborate with end-users or other technicians, all while improving remote access security.
Bomgar Remote Support 17.1 is said to offer new features that improve enterprise scalability, security and manageability, including enhancements to Bomgar’s Jump Technology, which allows for unattended remote access to systems and devices regardless of network location. Jump Clients allow for remote control of computers, even when a technician doesn’t control the remote network.
New Jump Groups will allow administrators to organise Jump Items in any way required, and Jump Roles will define what users can do with any Jump Client, increasing flexibility and productivity for support organisations. These two new features combine to make it easier for administrators to assign the right access to the right users.
The new release also expands platform support, enabling support professionals to access the rapidly growing number of Chrome OS devices with the security and reliability inherent in Bomgar’s solutions. Available through a Chrome Extension, and deployed via G Suite to devices running Chrome OS, end users are not required to download anything – creating a streamlined support experience.
In addition to improving the enterprise support experience, Bomgar Remote Support 17.1 also provides unprecedented productivity and security features:
- Real time chat translation – GeoFluent integration works seamlessly with Bomgar Chat for real-time communication in 100+ languages.
- Native two-factor TOTP authentication – Local and LDAP accounts can now utilise 2FA using a time-based one-time password (TOTP) authentication app such as Google Authenticator.
- Web Rep Console file transfer – The flexible web-based Rep Console, which requires no downloads, now allows file transfers between a support technician’s local system and a remote system.
- Representative profile photos – Personalise the support experience for both the rep and the user with profile photos that can be uploaded to a rep’s account, or existing photos from LDAP that can be synced for centralised management.
- Smart card enhancements – Smart card reader names can now be shown in the Rep Console dropdown list, with a visual indicator to show progress during smart card elevation processes.
“In today’s world of people being always on and always connected, demands on the support organisation continue to increase, with the ever-growing need to provide support at any time to any device,” said Donald Hasson, director of ITSM product management, Bomgar.
“Using Bomgar, support organisations of all sizes improve their performance by enabling secure remote IT support to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world. Bomgar Remote Support 17.1 offers new and improved features that enhance productivity for both support reps and users, all without sacrificing security.”
For more information about Bomgar Remote Support or to request an evaluation, please click here.