Renesas Electronics Corporation, a supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, announced the rapid expansion of its partner ecosystem with new third-party software tightly integrated into the Renesas Synergy™ Platform.
Developers can access these and other third-party Verified Software Add-ons (VSAs) and validated Partner Projects on the Synergy Gallery website. The site includes solutions for security technology, communication protocols, wireless drivers for cloud connectivity, development tools, and more. This content helps developers solve real application challenges, and cost effectively speed their Internet of Things (IoT) products to market.
The Synergy Gallery hosts VSA and Partner Project software components with a unique and simple business model. Developers can browse, select, and download third-party software with no upfront fees, using simple click-through licensing.
Renesas pre-tests and verifies third-party VSA software to ensure interoperability with Synergy software, while each partner tests and substantiates their Partner Project software to meet Renesas Synergy software compatibility requirements. The Synergy Gallery provides evaluation versions of commercially licensed third-party software, and developers can acquire the license directly from the third party.
“The IoT is enabled by many forms of connectivity and complex layered security, but developers should not be burdened with the implementation details. Since Synergy is a platform, it can accommodate partner solutions to meet specific customer needs,” said Peter Carbone, vice president of Synergy Platform Business Division, Renesas Electronics Corporation.
“Every customer has different security and connectivity requirements, which is why we view our third-party partners as the accelerant that’s making the IoT explode.”
Highlighted Synergy gallery additions:
- Arrow’s ARIS EDGE delivers an out-of-the-box IoT sensor solutions kit targeting the edge of the IoT
- Avnet Silica Visible Things Development Kit offers an Industrial IoT multi-protocol gateway kit that provides an edge-to-enterprise solution
- Clarinox provides device-to-cloud connectivity software solutions covering a comprehensive and simultaneous implementations of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) secure wireless protocol stack software, augmented with a sophisticated software debugger to enable faster time to market and reduced maintenance overhead in production
- CS-Lab makes available its BACnet® connectivity and Digital Addressable Lighting Interface (DALI-2) stacks to enable building automation protocols
- Cypherbridge Systems offers SDKPac with TLS protected HTTPS Webserver and client, SMTP client, and Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocols, and supports a wide range of secure connectivity applications, including industry leading IoT cloud services
- Intrinsic-ID’s BROADKEY software module delivers enhanced security solutions to generate and manage unique device identities and root keys using SRAM Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) technology
- Redpine Signals provides software drivers and examples for 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi modules