NXP demonstrates the Power of Secure Edge Processing and machine learning with the help of AWS
NXP Semiconductors N.V. announced its microprocessors (MPUs), microcontrollers (MCUs) and applications processors will be demonstrated in multiple Internet of Things (IoT) and secure edge processing applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS) running on the NXP Layerscape, i.MX applications processor and LPC MCU families at AWS re:Invent 2017. Support for secure edge processing reduces latency and bandwidth and increases security for IoT solutions.
Today’s IoT deployments demand both edge processing and security NXP has developed a powerful distributed cloud/edge software platform that provides the secure provisioning, connectivity and processing needed to support and enable edge processing devices connected to AWS.
NXP will be demonstrating the following applications at AWS re:Invent:
- Continuous machine learning-based facial recognition with AWS training and edge inferencing
- Seamless edge device integration with AWS IoT and AWS Greengrass services
- Secure device provisioning and container software attestation
- NXP’s industrial Linux platform, OpenIL, with support for Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) and AWS Greengrass-based processing
- IoT edge gateway supporting thousands of wirelessly connected sensor nodes and cloud connectivity
“NXP offers a broad portfolio of MCU and MPU devices for building IoT solutions. Connectivity to AWS IoT services, including AWS Greengrass, ensures the ability to build powerful and flexible systems that are both secure and efficient,” said Tareq Bustami, senior vice president at NXP.
NXP demos will be in the Aria Quad in the NXP Booth #200, the Digi International booth #209, and the Builders Fair.
Layerscape-based IoT and Edge solutions selected for the Builders Fair at re:Invent
Attendees can participate in a hands-on learning experience in the Builders Fair located in the Aria. Attendees will be able to browse over 45 projects, including those from NXP.
Layerscape-based solutions in the Builders Fair encompass:
- IoT and edge gateway
- Industrial and TSN for the industrial IoT
- AWS Greengrass integration
- Facial recognition with continuous training on AWS and local inferencing