Cradlepoint, the provider in cloud-delivered 4G LTE network solutions that provide a pathway to 5G, announced a new subscription-based solution pricing model, the next step in its Elastic Edge™strategy for software-driven and cloud-delivered wireless wide-area networks (WANs).
The new model is based on a series of all-inclusive NetCloud Solution Packages, which simplify the way customers buy, deploy, manage and evolve their Cradlepoint network, facilitating rapid deployment, time-to-value and customer success. Each subscription package is tailored to specific market needs and combines NetCloud software and services, fit-for-purpose endpoint hardware, and comprehensive 24×7 support.
Cradlepoint is launching the first new offering under this model this week at the National Retail Federation show in New York City, N.Y. The NetCloud Solution Package for Branch provides 4G LTE-optimised SD-WAN functionality with extended wireless LAN coverage for small footprint retail and pop-up stores and other types of branches.
Buy network solutions as cloud-delivered services
With NetCloud Solution Packages, Cradlepoint becomes a first-mover in transitioning enterprise network solutions from a hardware-first approach, which is inflexible and resource-intensive, to a software-first and cloud-delivered subscription, reflecting the shift that is underway within IT infrastructures.
Now customers can buy a complete Cradlepoint network solution as subscription service and gain benefits that are typically attributed to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), including an easier and more efficient buying and deployment experience, faster ROI, and vendor-aligned interest in their success.
NetCloud Solution Packages are aligned with the three market segments that Cradlepoint participates in today – branch, mobile and IoT networking. The offering consists of all-inclusive Essentials packages and optional Advanced software upgrades.
NetCloud Essentials Solution Packages are available one-, three-, and five-year terms and include:
- NetCloud edge routing, security, and cloud management features tailored by Cradlepoint to meet the requirements of each market segment
- Choice of fit-for-purpose endpoint hardware and integrated 4G LTE modems, backed by a lifetime warranty
- Cradlepoint 24×7 support with phone, live chat, and Knowledge Base access.
At any time, a customer can add advanced software features by purchasing an Advanced subscription package, which is also available in one-, three-, and five-year terms.
“IT infrastructure is evolving from the buy-it-and-build-it approach, to consume-as-a-service”, said George Mulhern, Cradlepoint CEO. “Cradlepoint NetCloud Solution Packages acknowledge this trend and represent the next step in our Elastic Edge strategy for bringing the simplicity, elasticity, and economic advantages of software and cloud services to wireless wide-area networking—creating customer value across the entire lifecycle.”
Software-defined wireless branch networking
At the National Retail Federation show in New York this week, Cradlepoint is launching its first new products under the NetCloud Solution Package subscription model, which are targeted at the branch market. The AER2200 Edge Router and AP22 Access Points are designed for retailers and other “lean IT” organisations in the midst of digital transformation that need a more agile and extensible solution to connect—and protect—the growing number of people and things in their stores and branch offices.
It brings the flexibility and reliability of software-driven wireless connectivity to small-footprint sites within industries such as quick-serve restaurants, professional services, field services, construction and convenience stores.
The new NetCloud Solution Packages for branch offerings include:
- AER2200 Edge Router: The newest member of the all-in-one AER Series replaces multiple “boxes” with a converged branch solution that supports 10 switched Ethernet ports for WAN or LAN connectivity, 802.11ac WiFi with guest portal, and a new integrated LTE Advanced modem capable of speeds up to 600Mbps (maximum download), along with an expansion slot for a second LTE modem. It is powered by Cradlepoint’s Linux-based NetCloud OS software that provides advanced routing, SD-WAN functionality, and Unified Threat Management (UTM) for direct Internet and cloud access. For IoT security, NetCloud Perimeter provides secure device-to-cloud overlay networks that isolate and cloak devices from the Internet and trusted networks.
- AP22 Access Point: The new AP22 Access Point works with the AER2200 Edge Router to expand WLAN coverage in small store and office locations (up to five APs) and deliver reliable and secure wireless access for employee, guest and IoT devices. It features fast roaming, enterprise-grade encryption, rogue AP detection and intrusion prevention.
- NetCloud Manager: Provides centralised management of the entire branch network infrastructure—WAN to WLAN—from a single web console. Capabilities include configuration and zero-touch deployment; policy management; visibility and monitoring of all cellular, network and application traffic, as well as security events; and remote troubleshooting.
“Branch networks are undergoing dramatic change. More cloud applications and mobile and IoT devices means the need for more wireless LAN connectivity, WAN reliability, and security options to support direct Internet access and IoT,” said Jim Duffy, senior analyst at 451 Research.
“For smaller footprint branch sites, these requirements are driving the convergence of multiple boxes into a unified, software-defined wireless solution that extends 4G LTE and WLAN connectivity, provides tighter integration of policy, visibility and security functions, and can be managed end-to-end from the cloud.”
Ian Pennell, chief product officer at Cradlepoint, said, “NetCloud Solution Packages simplify how customers buy, deploy, manage and support an entire branch site network. Instead of navigating a myriad of separately priced software, hardware and support options, just two or three SKUs deliver a complete wireless branch solution with the cloud management and support customers need to be deployed and operational quickly and easily.”
NetCloud Solution Packages, including Branch Network versions with the new AER2200 and AP22 Access Points, are available now. To find out more visit this link.