The Berger-Levrault Group, publisher of software for administrative and local public bodies and the healthcare, medico-social, education and business sectors, acquired CARL Software on May 18th. CARL Software specialises in technical asset and maintenance management (CMMS / TAM).
This operation will enable the two software publishing companies to pool their expertise, widen the extent of their product offering, and strengthen their leading position on an international scale.
With an already strong presence in the public sector via its Atal platform, Berger-Levrault will achieve its ambition of creating a high-performance capability centre in the Smart Cities sector, combining its considerable deployment capabilities with the particularly sophisticated technologies of CARL Software.
Drawing on CARL Software’s specialist expertise and reputation as French CMMS / TAM market leader, Berger-Levrault is consolidating its desire to:
- Increase its market share in the private sector
- Accelerate its international development. With existing sites in Canada, Spain and Morocco, Berger-Levrault will also be able to draw on the CARL Software subsidiaries in Belgium, Spain and Italy, as well as its international distributor network, to extend its activities.
For CARL Software, this new industrial shareholder offers a guarantee of complete autonomy to pursue its technological development.
The aims are to:
- Boost the company’s growth by ensuring that it has the necessary magnitude to conquer new markets
- Accelerate its international development, particularly in Europe and North America
- Further increase its R&D capabilities.
Éric Bonnet, founder and former CEO of CARL Software, and Pierre-Marie Lehucher, CEO of Berger-Levrault, are proud of this alliance, which positions the Berger-Levrault Group as a major player in the digital sector. It already has the necessary structure in place to respond to significant changes in the sector (industry of the future, smart cities and buildings, ecological challenges, training, etc.).
In 2018, taking the acquisition of CARL Software into account, the Berger-Levrault Group now has 1,700 employees and is targeting sales revenue of €165 million, of which 25% in international markets.