PTC and partner, Concurrent Engineering, renewed their sponsorship of Formula Student UK, the popular program where engineering students compete to design, build, test and race small-scale formula-style cars. Large crowds are expected to cheer on the over 130 teams from more than 30 countries that will compete for the coveted title in Silverstone from 11-15th July.
Run by the UK Institution of Mechanical Engineering, Formula Student UK (FS) is Europe’s most established educational engineering competition. Backed by industry and high-profile engineers such as patron, Ross Brawn OBE, the competition is designed to nurture enterprising and innovative students and spotlight engineering as an appealing career for young people to pursue.
PTC thoroughly enjoys supporting aspiring engineers through its Academic Program. The PTC Academic Program is designed and exclusively driven to support the next generation of engineers by providing its Industry-winning solutions to academic institutions.
PTC offers Formula Student participants free use of its award-winning suite of product development tools such as:
- PTC Creo 4.0 Educational Premium: a suite of computer-aided parametric and FEA design apps that support product design and allow for the launch of AR experiences
- PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0: engineering software for carrying out, analysing and sharing vital mathematical calculations and directly integrating them in Creo
- PTC’s Product Lifecycle Management solution Windchill:, a tool for easy and effective project management
- PTC’s award-winning Industrial IoT platform ThingWorx for monitoring connected products
- Access to IoT University, PTC’s online training platform, for self-paced dynamic learning exercise
Bernhard Eberl, director of the Global Academic Program at PTC: “Formula Student is a great opportunity for endeavoring engineers to gain professional, hands-on experience in their field of study.
This year a driverless car will be among the entries, proving that when given industry-leading software and access to leading-edge IoT and AR platforms, there are no limits to what can be achieved. The excitement around this event is tangible and we are proud to offer our solutions and our support to the engineers of tomorrow.”
During the event at Silverstone, PTC and UK partner Concurrent Engineering will display and demonstrate their product development software solutions. Visitors are encouraged to stop by and investigate the software used to build the impressive FS cars. Informational brochures will be also available for graduates interested in beginning their career path with PTC.