Recent reports suggest that major growth in the use of blockchain for IoT means the market is set to be worth more than $3 billion (£2.21 billion) by 2024.
With both areas holding huge potential, the value really lies in the convergence of these two technologies. As IoT security concerns rise, the transparency and immutability of blockchain is expected by some observers to help solve these issues.
Transportation and logistics, in particular, are expected to hold the largest market size in the blockchain IoT market. The ability to securely track things such as food and medical supplies has long been touted as a key benefit of combining blockchain and the IoT.
Taking place on the 25-26 April in London, the co-located IoT Tech Expo Global and Blockchain Expo Global events will explore these industries in details. The IoT Tech Expo World Series is an Internet of Things event and hosts top level content and discussion, introducing and exploring the latest innovations in the IoT arena. It brings together key industries including Manufacturing, Transport, Supply Chain, Logistics, Government, Energy and Automotive.
The conference will host the following sessions:
- Smart Logistics and the Connected Fleet
- Panel: Blockchain solutions for logistics and the global supply chain
- Panel: Intelligent Transport Systems for the Connected Consumer
- Blockchain enabling the next generation of trade & logistics
- What does IIoT mean for aerospace and how can we make it fly?
- From connected vehicles to connected operations: how IoT can drive your digital transformation
- Food & Blockchain: Appetite for Disruption
There will be 500+ speakers at the event including:
- Guus Schellekens, IT director,UPS
- Nitin Manoharan, Global director, head of Enterprise Architecture & Tech Innovation, Philip Morris International
- Jens Munch Lund-Nielsen, head of Global Trade & Supply Chains, IOTA Foundation
- Anes Hodžić, VP | head of IoT | Digital Transformation officer, Airbus
- Vincent Doumeizel, vice president Food & Sustainability, Lloyd’s Register
- Faizan Patankar, Venturing & Incubation lead, Rolls Royce
- Steve Davies, Global Blockchain leader, PwC
- Yannis Perrakis, Technology principal, Digital Innovation, BP
- Udai Kiran Chilamkurthi, lead architect | Retail & Logistics, Sainsbury’s
- Nathan Pierce, head of the Smart London Team, Greater London Authority
To see the conference agenda overview click here.
Register for an ultimate pass to attend the conference sessions across the co-located IoT Tech Expo, Blockchain Expo, AI & Big Data Expo and Cyber Security & Cloud Expo. Ultimate pass holders will also have access to exclusive features including the delegate lounge, networking tool and networking party.
Find out more and register here