The issue of IoT security has been prevalent since the first things were being connected. This special report by IoT Now's Antony Savvas considers how security technology has evolved and whether it is up to the job.
The report looks at the market itself and what issues the industry has to address, including expert opinions on common security mistakes when planning and deploying an IoT project, IoT security best practices, IoT security by design, device-level and edge network security, communications security and cloud security.
The urgency needed to tackle problems is perhaps illustrated by a report from SonicWall, with the security vendor's Mid-Year Threat Report finding that worldwide IoT malware attacks were up 50% year-on-year in the first six months of 2020.
Key takeaways from this report:
- How to secure devices at every level
- The challenges: Standardisation, compliance, coordination.
- IoT security market overview and forecast
- Common security mistakes when planning and deploying an IoT project
- 5 rules for IoT security best practice from an expert
Login to download the PDF report or read online.