( SPONSORED FEATURE ) The smart home continues to evolve in available functions and complexity as several different connectivity protocols from numerous suppliers target a variety of products for use in smart homes.
However, according to incontrol, as many as 71% of consumers acknowledge fear of their personal information being stolen while using smart home products.
At the same time, ease of use for user-installed products has often been elusive.
Learn more, listen to the latest episode of the Trending Tech podcast:
Working collectively, many world-leading suppliers and potential suppliers have taken the next step to provide improved interoperability to smart home products using the Internet Protocol (IP).
Called Matter standard, the key to the success of these efforts is security.
This white paper addresses the need for universal Smart Home standards with integral security, explains how Matter addresses both and identifies Infineon’s role in making both connectivity and security for smart homes a reality.
Inside this whitepaper:
- What is Matter? A look at the interoperable, secure connectivity standard for the future of the smart home
- How Matter security works in a Smart Home
- Explore the typical Matter user experience and desired connectivity process for smart home devices
- Matter architecture, protocol stack, implementation and certification
- The security measures and protection features in Matter
- How developers can get involved and build with Matter now