The agriculture sector is adopting new technologies at a startling rate.
It may be the oldest of all industries but the potential of new and emerging technologies to transform day-to-day operations in agriculture is immense, writes Jim Morrish, a founding partner at Transforma Insights.
Agricultural contexts tend to be characterised by production distributed over a wide area, making the industry particularly well-suited to IoT-type solutions that avoid the need for in-person monitoring and control.
However, agricultural contexts are often characterised by a lack of cellular network coverage that can be used to connect IoT devices in the field. Accordingly, connecting IoT devices in an agricultural context can be more challenging than for other industries.
There are many potential options for connecting remote IoT devices in agriculture, but not all are well-suited to all scenarios.
Register now to read the analyst report and learn:
• The options for connecting remote IoT devices in agriculture
• How solution providers can leverage these to optimise day-to-day operations in agriculture
• How Inmarsat’s ASP program can help service providers and agritechs unlock the power of technology in agriculture
• A look at Inmarsat ELERA, a global network for IoT and secure narrowband connectivity designed for mobility
• Case Study: Inmarsat’s Application and Solution Provider Programme supports Farmbot’s global expansion plans
REGISTER TO READ MORE