San Diego, United States – Blackline Safety Corp., a global provider in connected safety technology, continues to trailblaze in the industrial worker safety market with the launch of a new connected wearable to transform single-gas detection. The all-new G6 personal gas detector – unveiled at the National Safety Council (NSC) Safety Congress & Expo in San Diego – offers fast incident response time and a more efficient way to manage safety and compliance.
What makes G6 truly is its long-lasting connectivity, which outlasts the competition. This means industrial organisations can fully harness real-time vital safety data for the first time in scenarios where disposable, traditional beep-and-flash detectors are commonly used.
A fully connected and intuitive solution that leverages the latest in Internet of Things (IoT) cellular connectivity, G6 delivers expanded benefits such as longer battery life, lower cost of ownership and fewer false alarms. More importantly, it gives safety professionals access to the trusted data they need to manage their safety protocols, processes, and ongoing compliance more effectively and efficiently.
“With this new technology, we’re bringing unprecedented levels of connectivity to industrial workplaces, helping to reduce the risk of injury, boost productivity and bring proactive safety management to a new level,” says Cody Slater, CEO and chair, Blackline Safety. “We’re responding to a direct need in the market, giving safety managers higher performing technology to access reliable, actionable data at their fingertips.”
Built-in capabilities of G6 include:
- Proven direct-to-cloud cellular connectivity that works straight out of the box.
- Complete safety management through the Blackline Live software portal, with the ability to view an entire fleet of devices from a single screen and deliver automatic, over-the-air firmware and configuration updates.
- Improved incident response time supported by real-time notifications and GPS mapping to quickly locate workers and devices and understand what’s happening on the ground as incidents unfold.
Trustworthy gas detection and powerful analytics
- Sensor options to quickly alert workers to exposure of toxic gases, including hydrogen sulfide (H2S), carbon monoxide (CO), oxygen (O2) and sulfur dioxide (SO2).
- Higher precision short-term exposure limit (STEL) monitoring.
- More accurate data that reduces false alarms and drives powerful reporting and analytics to get ahead of safety risks.
Longest-lasting device life
- Long-life rechargeable battery that lasts up to one year.
- Ability to quickly locate devices when lost or stolen.
- Device life of up to four years, double the life span of competitive models.
According to a 2022 survey by Priority Metrics Group, 75% of North American environment, health and safety (EHS) managers see significant value in gas detectors with expanded features. They’re also looking for a simpler, more integrated solution when it comes to using the data generated from gas detection systems to make better informed decisions.
“G6 fills a current gap in the market. We have customers who are looking to replace their beep-and-flash detectors with a connected device with more safety features, but still need a device that requires minimum upkeep and is easy on time and resources,” says CJ Gregg, CEO, Becker Safety and Supply, a Western US-based distributor of safety supplies. “G6 delivers on all fronts.”
Ideally suited to large industrial organisations in the oil and gas, petrochemical, manufacturing, utility, and renewable energy sectors, G6 allows users to access important single-source data from anywhere, at any time, on any Web-enabled device, and then analyse it through Blackline’s advanced reporting, visualisation and data analytics software. This means safety managers can glean critical data insights that help them stay ahead of potential risks and make daily operations more efficient. At the same time, they have state-of-the-art technology and cloud-connectivity at their fingertips to respond to incidents quickly and confidently in real-time when they do happen.
“Today’s safety and operational leaders are looking for connected solutions that support their number one goal, which is to protect workers from hazards, so they arrive home safely at the end of the day,” says Slater. “Our customer-driven approach to innovation is helping to build a world where adaptive, proactive safety programs are the norm, making it possible to reduce workplace injuries and increase productivity at the same time.”
G6 comes with a full warranty and flexible purchase options that include the ability to own or lease to maximise CAPEX or OPEX budgets. First product shipments are scheduled for late October.
For product demonstrations and information kits, visit Blackline Safety at the NSC Safety Congress & Expo in Booth #2627 in Hall E, San Diego Convention Centre. Not in San Diego? View the G6 virtual media kit with product images, video and collateral here.