Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly, with a forecast of 50 billion connected devices by 2020, according to Cisco. Gartner forecasts over $300 billion in revenues, just to IoT suppliers. And, within five years, they estimate one million devices coming online – every hour.
As IoT innovation accelerates and permeates our daily lives, it will have a profound impact on business.
- Innovation will spur new ways to provide customer value, improve service and increase sales
- New revenue and cost savings opportunities will open new markets and reinvigorate old ones
- Competitive disruption will provide threats and advantages to many industries and economies
- Innovative companies will leapfrog others and enter adjacent markets against unsuspecting participants who will get ‘Amazoned’
- Industries and business models will change as more and more hardware products become software-oriented services as ‘Software eats the World’
Whether you’re a software company, a developer of hardware devices or a services business, now is the time to decide how to build and monetize a sustainable business around your technology, IP and IoT innovations.
IoT Now PREMIUM subscription
Subscribe to receive EVERY printed issue of IoT Now!
IoT Now magazine covers worldwide developments in the Internet of Things (IoT), machine-to-machine communications, connected consumer devices, smart buildings and services. To receive EVERY ISSUE you need to subscribe!