US$10,000 offered in prizes as Lantronix launches its Global M2M Innovations Design Contest
Irvine, California, USA, 4 December, 2013 – Lantronix Inc., a global provider of smart networking and communications solutions for M2M applications, has announced the launch and open registration for its first annual Global M2M Innovations Design Contest.
The competition will showcase unique and innovative M2M applications that utilise several of the company’s embedded module product families, and is open to all designers worldwide, including students and educational institution faculty members, businesses and individuals.
Lantronix will award prizes of US$5,000, US$3,000 and US$2,000 to the top three entries for ‘Best Design’. Winners will be announced at ‘Embedded World 2014’, Europe’s largest embedded solutions trade show, which is being held 25-27 February, 2014 in Nuremberg, Germany.
The contest is open to all networking technology enthusiasts – including businesses, universities, individuals, teams, university faculty, research labs, engineers, and design contractors. There is no limit to the number of entries per person or organisation.
- Registrants must register at www.Lantronix.com/design-contest
- Entries must be submitted by February 1, 2014
- Final prize winners will be selected by a panel of Lantronix professionals, and announced at Embedded World in Nuremberg, Germany.
- For a complete set of contest rules, please visit www.Lantronix.com/design-contest-rules
“We continue to be amazed at how customers, partners and design engineers leverage our products and solutions for incredibly creative applications – whether they are business-critical solutions or hobbyist applications,” said Daryl Miller, Vice President of Engineering for Lantronix. “As a leader in providing a broad portfolio of easy to deploy, secure, and feature-rich M2M connectivity solutions, Lantronix is committed to providing a forum to showcase the engineers, hobbyists, and inventors whose ideas have the potential to define new and creative ways for companies and people to use the power of M2M applications to create value.”
The following products are eligible for the 2014 Global Design Contest:
- xPico®: The most flexible network connectivity solution in a thumbnail-sized module.
- xPico® Wi-Fi®: Serial-to-Wi-Fi module and device server with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz) and 256 bit AES encryption.
- xPico® IAP: Module for industrial automation applications.
- xPort®: Serial-to-Ethernet compact device server; 256-bit AES encryption.
- xPort® Pro: World’s smallest Linux networking server.