Future Electronics, founded in 1968 by company president Robert Miller and now a distributor and marketer of electronics components, has announced the dates of a series of ‘Secure Wireless Sensor Node’ seminars across Europe in May and June in conjunction with World IoT day.
With the explosion in IoT edge nodes, from feeding information about the health of a patient to the health of a pot plant; the data collected and analysed can reveal valuable insights that allow for more pro-active and streamlined decisions and activities. All of which ultimately benefits both the individuals and business alike.
However, what is often overlooked is the increasing value the manipulation of this data may have to enhancing criminal activity. Ensuring a design that is robust and secure from external threats and vulnerabilities is vital to the integrity of a solution as a whole.
The ‘Secure Wireless Sensor Node’ seminars are tailored to benefit anyone working on IoT designs and offer unique insight from some of the Industry’s experts. The course encompasses solutions and technology trends from security, to wireless connectivity, to sensors and node power.
Every engineer attending a seminar will receive an AT88CK590 evaluation kit from Atmel, and the first 10 approved customers that register and attend in each location will win an OM5569/NT321D board from NXP.
As well as providing hands-on tuition with industry experts, engineers will learn about:
• Protecting edge nodes against post deployment hacking & exploitation
• Commission edge nodes securely and easily
• Navigating short range wireless technology choices
• Increasing RF range whilst minimising power consumption
• Antenna design for ultra-compact form-factors
• Choosing the best sensor for your node
• Tips on maximising the battery life of an edge node
The dates and venues for ‘Secure Wireless Sensor Node’ seminars series are:
- Istanbul, Turkey-3rd May 2016
- Budapest, Hungary-5th May 2016
- Stockholm, Sweden-10th May 2016
- Halifax, UK-10th May 2016
- Stuttgart, Germany-10th May 2016
- Gothenburg, Sweden-11th May 2016
- Paris, France-12th May 2016
- London, UK-12th May 2016
- Frankfurt, Germany-12th May 2016
- Helsinki, Finland-17th May 2016
- Copenhagen, Denmark-18th May 2016
- Breda, Netherlands-24th May 2016
- Barcelona, Spain-26th May 2016
- San Sebastian, Spain-27th May 2016
- Rennes, France-1st June 2016
- Dortmund, Germany-7th June 2016
- Prague, Czech Republic-7th June 2016
- Erfurt, Germany-8th June 2016
- Zurich, Switzerland-9th June 2016
- Vienna, Austria-14th June 2016
- Hannover, Germany-16th June 2016
- Munich, Germany-21st June 2016
- Milan, Italy-22nd June 2016
- Padova, Italy-23rd June 2016
To register to attend a seminar, design engineers should go to http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/promotions/EventsandSeminars/Pages/SecureWirelessSensorNodeSeminar.aspx, or contact their local branch of Future Electronics.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @IoTNow_ OR @jcIoTnow