Vortex to offer low latency real-time data connectivity to simplify the integration of complex IIoT systems
PrismTech™, a global provider of software platforms for distributed systems, has announced the availability of version 2.4 of its Vortex™ Intelligent Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things (IoT).
This latest release of its award-winning data connectivity solution provides the ideal solution for connecting Industrial IoT systems.
Vortex is based on the Object Management Group®’s (OMG®) Data-Distribution Service (DDS™) standard and builds on proven technologies to provide an efficient solution for real-time device, edge and cloud IoT data sharing. Vortex is a crucial enabler for systems that have to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data with stringent end-to-end qualities-of-service (QoS).
Key Vortex capabilities such as automatic discovery, federated architecture, configurable QoS framework, and platform portability, together enable system-wide scalability and save valuable development time, particularly when integrating complex systems. With the support of PrismTech’s world-class tooling and professional services, Vortex customers are able to successfully meet stringent development milestones.
Vortex 2.4 includes enhancements that simplify the challenge of connecting nodes and sharing real-time data in complex Industrial IoT environments that consist of a combination of device, edge and cloud networks.
Performance, scalability, and usability are the core focus of the Vortex 2.4 release.
Vortex 2.4 includes the following new functionality and improvements:
- Simplified configuration for Vortex Fog and Vortex Cloud for ease of deployment. With improved performance, scalability and support for load-balancing and fault tolerance.
- Harmonised C99 API for Vortex OpenSplice™ and Vortex Lite for simplified and portable application development.
- MathWorks MATLAB® and Simulink® integration for Vortex OpenSplice enabling real-time data integration with the leading dynamic modeling and simulation tools.
- Enhanced Durability Service with improvements to support reliable and stable behavior in extreme node and process disconnect / reconnect scenarios.
- Group level coherency enabling changes to be delivered to a subscriber in an atomic set spanning multiple topics. Group level coherency is also supported by the Vortex OpenSplice Tuner and Tester tools.
- Google Protocol Buffers (GPB) support in Vortex OpenSplice, Vortex Lite, and Vortex Café to capture evolutionary data-models in a language- and platform-neutral way.
- Open Source FACE™ 2.1 Transport Services Segment (TSS) implementation (C++ and Java) for Vortex OpenSplice to enable portable FACE compliant components to share and exchange data via DDS.
“This latest release of the Vortex platform is the most performant, scalable, and user friendly version of the platform to date,” said Andrew Foster, Product Marketing manager, PrismTech. “We are really pleased with all the improvements that have been made to the product and are sure that our users will see the benefits of our efforts.”
Comment on this article below or via Twitter: @IoTNow_ OR @jcIoTnow