The Internet of Things is hitting its stride. It is a critical enabler of digital transformation efforts happening around the globe. For consumers, businesses, and governments, IoT is playing an increasing role in how we consume information to make decisions and how we interact with the world around us.
Successfully planning, deploying, and scaling IoT solutions is a challenge for businesses in every industry, and the goal of this book is to provide entry and insight into the IoT world. It also serves as a valuable guide for businesses who want to leverage IoT to expand revenue, stay relevant, and advance business objectives in the connected economy.
Whether you want to attempt initial entry into the IoT-sphere, or expand your existing deployments, this book can help you meet your goals, providing deep understanding into all aspects of IoT, namely:
- 1. What is the Internet of Things?
- 2. The future of platforms
- 3. IoT Connectivity: types and choices
- 4. Connectivity management platforms
- 5. IoT sensors and data collection
- 6. IoT Analytics
- 7. Scheduling, encoding and processing
- 8. Implementing an IoT Solution
- 9. IoT scalability & alternative technologies
- 10. Security, privacy & the internet of thing
- 11. IoT Use Cases
- 12. The future of the internet of things
- 13. Directory of IoT terms