Organisers GSMA may be putting forward MWC22 Barcelona’s theme as Connectivity Unleashed but attendees will still be muzzled by masks as the industry’s bellwether event goes ahead.
No one’s expecting a return to past glories with six-figure visitor numbers but there’s a pent-up need for people to meet face-to-face, even if a free run, off-the-leash, through the show isn’t on this year’s agenda.
Aside from the dog freedom-oriented theme, there’s a serious point GSMA is making.
Connectivity is finally starting to become a flexible, freely accessible – although charged for – resource. 5G is now arriving, bringing wireless connectivity of a performance we used to be pleased with in our homes when the event first visited Barcelona.
Continue reading the Editor’s Comment on page 4
Inside this issue
- TALKING HEADS: Quectel’s Richard Hart introduces new Connectivity-as-a-Service unit to help simplify IoT design, build and connect processes
- ANALYST REVIEW: Transforma Insights’ Matt Hatton explains why eSIM provides mobile operators with a decisive opportunity to be guardians of trust
- EVENT PREVIEW: Tony Savvas lifts the lid on MWC22 Barcelona
- IoT SECURITY: Vincent Korstanje explains why, when it comes to 5G, security needs to be built-in from the start
- IoT ROAMING: Why protecting the network is smarter than prohibiting permanent roaming devices
REGISTER TO READ NOW